Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oboorsma

"Todd Boorsma is the Barack Obama of the Republican Party."

The above was stated by Matt Howell, the man who has written two letters to the voters of the 88th attacking Todd Boorsma over the collapse of Millbrook Tack and Trailer. I agree entirely.

The man sells himself well, like Obama. He hides his immense flaws with a salesman's smile and a Dutch last name, the previous like Obama. His website lies when it says that Oboorsma has "managed several companies" bringing them from the "bottom 10% to the top 10%." He hasn't done either...

In his last two jobs he's either crashed the entire company by increasing debt from $4 to 8million (Millbrook, bought inventory disregarding the economy) or gotten fired for, presumably, not performing adequately (Chrysler...it could be something worse...like racism or sexual harassment...I don't know). Oboorsma has based his entire campaign on his business credentials but these aren't worth anything when considering his recent past.

It makes you wonder about the candidate...I've always thought he was going to be a pawn but it sounds like he'll pander to whoever will keep him from further dismissal and disgrace (i.e. special interests for campaign $ in 2010). But this is all just speculation...

Solely due to his attempted tactics of intimidation towards me today, TODD BOORSMA SHOULD DROP OUT OF THIS RACE...NOW. His continuation is a disgrace to the GOP and its home here in Allegan County.

Katelyn ended with a letter to Oboorsma, so shall I:

Dear Mr. Boorsma,

Do you "TP" the houses of those that disagree with you? I wouldn't doubt that you do from the low value of personal maturity that we witnessed tonight...or perhaps you get your mommy to do it for you...just as you got her to embarrass herself tonight. So, Mr. Boorsma, if you have any honor left, prove it by committing political seppuku and dropping out of this race.

If you do not choose to take my advice and continue to attempt to intimidate me into silence, my rhetoric will only get more vociferous. I will not fade away back into the crowd, Mr. Boorsma: you will.

Sincerely,

Chris Wicker


------Welcome my wonderful girlfriend's wonderful writing below...she'll be contributing regularly (I hope)-----

No comments: